The call for project Is now closed. To be informed of our latest information, join our community.
Game in Lab, program co-created by Asmodee, board games industry leader, and Innovation Factory, a French non-profit specialized in collective intelligence-based innovation, promotes the development and valorisation of board games as a source of societal value. We are convinced that academic research on board games and play has an essential role to play in that endeavour.
Game in Lab supports scientific production and popularisation, as well as community-based research. We animate a network of transdisciplinary scholars and game professionals, and provide financial funding to research projects and PhDs.
The 2019 call for proposal is open.
Several research projects on board games led by research institutions will be selected and receive grants from Game in Lab.
A broad understanding of board games is proposed. All projects related to this wide theme will be considered, in academic disciplines ranging from sociology to health sciences, in applied of fundamental science.
The research grants will support short-term research actions (less than 12 months).
This year’s global endowment is 30 000€. A maximum grant of 15 000€ will be allocated per project. Applicants should specify the amount requested within the 15 000€/project limit.
The allocation might be renewed once for an extended 12-month period.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS
This call for proposal welcomes international research institutions’ applications.
- Public research institutions will receive special attention during the appointment process. They can be associated with another institution, private or public
- Full time research professors’ salary are not eligible to the research grant. The grant should be appointed to research fees (material, travel fees, …), or to compensate temporary work such as interns, contractors, …
- When applicable, the project description will include a list of board games used in the research project, in particular as an annotated ‘ludography’
- Seeking diverse funding sources is encouraged
Expected outcome and deliverables:
- The application file should specify the expected project outcomes and deliverables
- The appointed teams commit to contributing to Game in Lab’s diffusion and popularistion mission in the form of articles, scientific or not. These papers can be published on Game in Lab’s website, or in other journals or media. The support of Game in Lab will be mentioned in any project-related publication, whenever appropriate. They will also be invited to attend events organised or supported by Game in Lab.
- The selected projects’ team will provide regular updates to Game in Lab’s team and will attend at least one follow-up meeting (in person or online).
The application is made on Game in Lab website: https://www.game-in-lab.org/depot-de-candidature/
The application file can be downloaded here: https://www.game-in-lab.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Game-in-Lab-CFP-2019-Application-file-EN.pdf
The complete application file (including application form, appendices and other relevant documents) must be zipped and attached to the application form.
- Application deadline: 30 April 2019 at noon
- Publication of appointed projects: June 2019
Your data will be kept confidential by Asmodee Research and the Innovation Factory and will not be maintained longer than 6 months following the last contact with you. They will not be used for any other purpose than their original destination. Their access will be limited to Game in Lab’s team and the Scientific Committee.
You have the right to access, rectify and delete your data upon request. Under certain conditions, you can also benefit from the right to the portability of the data that you have transmitted to us, to the limitation of the treatment or the right to oppose to the processing of your personal data.
In addition, you can file a claim with the French CNIL (Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés).